Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Here we GROW again...

Blog friends, I have been absent and uncommunicative for the past couple of weeks. I've had deadlines. After all, I write for both fun AND profit, as you know. If you can call peanuts "profit."

I've just about completed my contribution to the annual All-Japan Research Team for Institutional Investor magazine. And for New Mobility I did a piece about the latest in high-tech wheelchairs. Which pretty much demonstrates the two discrete facets of my career thus far.

The wheelchair guy and the financial guy.

But lately, as you're no doubt aware, I've been trying to build a third professional identity. For this, I'm tapping the resources of not just my brain but my heart.

The result: a series of personal, occasionally (I hope) poetic, essays about things that interest me, that affect me, or that I've experienced. And so far they seem to be going over well.

Indeed, I'm proud to announce that I've just sold a new commentary to NPR! And it's based on some of the prior blog scribblings below. So I have all of you to thank. You've definitely had a part in it--and an effect on my life. (Please do keep it up!)

So listen for it over the next two weeks (I don't have an exact air date yet), and if you miss it don't worry. I'll be sure to post it here as soon as I'm legally able.

No comments:

Post a Comment